Sole to Soul Therapies
Relaxation & healing for the body, mind & soul
What is the Purpose of Processing Client Data?
In order to give professional Holistic Therapy treatments, I need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about you and your health. I will only use this information for guiding your treatment plan, the treatments themselves and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health & well-being which I may offer to you. This personal information is always treated in the strictest confidence.
What is the Lawful Basis for Holding and Using Client Information?
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists and the Federation of Holistic Therapists, I abide by their Codes of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my Legitimate Interests i.e. my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options & advice. As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR and FHT confidentiality as defined in their Codes of Practice and Ethics.
What Information I Hold and What I Do With It?
In order to give professional treatments, I need to obtain and keep information about you and your health. I will only use this for informing treatments and as a basis for any advice or discussion we have as a result of your treatment. I will NOT share your information with anyone else (unless required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent. Your data will NOT be transferred outside the EU without your consent. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details (via initial enquiry or first consultation) - Please note that if your initial enquiry does not result in a booking, your details will not be stored).
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation and update at subsequent treatments).
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will make during & after each treatment).
- Feedback, comments or testimonials you may send me or share on my Social Media page which I may use for Marketing purposes (you may ask me to amend or remove these at any time).
I will use the contact details you give me for:-
- Appointments – enquiries, bookings, appointment confirmation & reminders.
- Treatment information or information related to your health.
- Sending receipts for treatments (if requested) and credit or debit card payments via Paypal.
- Processing requests for / purchase of Gift Vouchers and delivery thereof.
- Occasional information about new treatments or offers (you may unsubscribe from this at any time).
How Do I Protect Your Personal Data?
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
How Long Do I Retain Your Information for?
I will keep your information for 7 years following the date of your final treatment. This is a legal requirement of my insurance provider. After this time your information will be securely destroyed.
What Are Your Rights?
GDPR gives you the following rights:-
- To know how your information will be held and used.
- To see the therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- To ask your therapist to erase any information they hold about you (See What are My Rights as Your Therapist below).
- To request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- To request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems (under certain circumstances).
- To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
What are My Rights as Your Therapist?
- If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records about you, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed eg for insurance purposes.
- Your therapist can move their records between their premises, computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.